[ratpack] East High Auto Show Pictures

  • From: John Christensen <johncgg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Sun, 22 May 2011 12:49:01 -0500

Here is a link to the Car Show from yesterday with the kids I volunteer with
on Tuesday's Car Club.
Great kids. Fun Time.

A couple of my good friends brought their cars.... a brand new black Nissan
GTR, fresh from spanking a field of Lotus's at Blackhawk Farms race track in
WI. (Stan and my son Nate in the car with him, for the ride), and Ed Midgley
with his replica 65 Cobra. Ed was a formula 500 March and Lotus driver back
in the 70's & 80's and very accomplished. It was too rainy at first to bring
his Ferrari 550. As it was, he arrived with his tonneau cover, put on the
soft top later, but it cleared up and he took that off again.

Then Cindy and I had an outing last night with some friends and we're sore
from dancing so much. We drove our new Mini Cooper on the freeways in the
Chicago area for about an hour each way last night and this morning on the
way home. That thing is a blast, what a go cart in traffic! It was the
longest road trip since we got it, I want to go somewhere else now!

JC
---
John Christensen
1984 El Camino "Elkenstein" 350 TBI
NECOA #042 http://www.myelcamino.net
Saint Charles, IL
 ---
John Christensen
1984 El Camino "Elkenstein" 350 TBI
NECOA #042 http://www.myelcamino.net
Saint Charles, IL

It was a great show. I had a blast.

I just uploaded my pictures too. Check the kids' Car Club page at
http://www.myelcamino.net/stcecc.htm
You can click on the year, the group shot, the visible link at the top, and
the picture and link at the bottom of the page. They will all take you to
the same gallery. You can't miss!

I added a link to Mr. Glavan's picture page too. *GREAT* pictures there.

Thanks for the special plaque too. It means a lot to me. I wasn't expecting
it, at the same time it doesn't surprise me, coming from this great bunch of
kids. I really enjoy my wrench sessions on Tuesdays.

JC