[ratpack] Re: Autopuzzles.com?

  • From: PAUL W WATSON <tswatson78@xxxxxxx>
  • To: ratpack <ratpack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2012 11:09:52 -0700

Damn you all to heck for this. The cycle car might have a F head engine. The
big car appears to be right hand drive and has a compartment for golf clubs.
Like I said ifhashgkahgkah you. p
 Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2012 18:08:24 -0700
From: rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To: ratpack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ratpack] Autopuzzles.com?

    Anybody familiar with this site?

      http://www.autopuzzles.com/forum/index.php

      I've been dabbling in their "Rookie AutoPuzzles" and lemme tell
      ya, they're not what I'd call rookie stuff.

      Here are some of the photos of cars that are posted to be
      identified:

    I thought that one was a Veritas, but no, it's something else...and
    not a BMW, upon which the Veritas was based.  It appears to be an
    inline motor with the intake offset to the left (at least that's
    what I seem to get from the location of the scoop) but other than
    that....hell, I dunno.

    I know I've seen this somewhere, but can't remember.  One-lung
    motor, appears to be a 2-stroke.  It reminds me of a lotta the
    1948-1959 Formula 3 cars, but nothing I have in my reference library
    (a coupla hundred thousand images of race cars) matches it...or
    nothing that I've found yet.

    Then there's this thing:

    Here's the question that accompanies it:

    "A sizeable motor car: make, type, by whom, and in which year
    please, for a point, and who ordered it, through whom, why and who
    is in the car on what occasion for another point?"

    At first, I thought it was a 1930 Jordan Speedway Ace, based on the
    shape of the running boards/pontoon/whateveritis.  But the rest,
    especially the grill and windscreen don't match up.  It might be a
    1925 Isotta Fraschini...I need to dig a little more on that.

    Ohh...google image search is "out of bounds" on this site.  "Rather
    bad form, old boy" and all that.

    Anyway, if ya wanna "drive" yerself nuts, this is a good starting
    point...or maybe just a small detour along the road to mental ruin.