[ratpack] Re: Anybody out there?

  • From: Larry Knight <carpixguy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ratpack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 10:11:24 -0600

Well no, not exacltly lonely, after all I do have my 800 pics from the MPRA
event to keep me company.

I did like hearing about he junk yard and steering column stuff though. You
have to love junk yards, keep an eye out for a good used 1.8 miata motor for
me would ya.

My old Yahoo mail account just got about 10 e-mails from the Rat Pack, that
were at least 7 days old when I got them. Not sure why that is. But when Ray
swithched me over to my Gmail account, I only got one mail from Carl, and
then nothing for 5 days, I was just a little worried I was missing all the
Rat Pack e-mails.

So it would appear that my e-mail works ok now. Thats good. althought Ray
your email didn't come in as seperate e-mail, but on the bottom of the Great
Zamboni's e-mail. Hmmmmm.

I don't think there will be practice for the super bikes on Friday, they are
scheduled to do a fan thing at the capitol and ride to the Gateway mall or
some such activity. Maybe the Super Sport bikes will practice on Friday. Of
course, every time I listen to the track say there won't be activity on a
Thrus. or Fri, there is, and Paul or you Ray, are there to capture some
massive oversteer moment, and then I regret not just showing up anyway. So
don't listen to me and keep sharing the massive oversteering moments with
me.

I had a thought about your dreadnaught. If you can't get it to see more than
3 gig, and I don't understand that if you are using the 64 bit version of
win7, and I have never tried this myself, but you could make a 12 gig
virtual ram drive and point your swap file at that drive instead of a real
and slow mechanical drive (or course don't you have a ssd drive for your
boot drive). Just a thought, we used to do some things like that back in the
old 640k DOS days. of course it would disappear at power down, could be a
problem there.

Well just 23 days till the SBK Race. Don't we have another MPRA (Miller Park
Racing Assoc, for those not her in SLC) event mid may?

Later
Larr