[ratpack] Re: Anybody out there?

  • From: Ray Buck <rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ratpack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 16:34:55 -0600

I'm here, too...lamenting the fact that my Superbike credentials fell thru. Is there gonna be a Friday practice day?

Oh, the other thing I've been workin on is a streamliner restoration chronicle:
http://www.chevyasylum.com/lsr/bsf2010/20100422/Welcome.html

I added another group of photos yesterday.

And I've been tryin to get this computer to perform like it otta. I think I've made some progress, but it's like pullin teeth I have 16 gig of ram in it and it won't use more than 3 gig according to ResMon. I've removed the swap file, changed the task scheduler to prioritize background processes and replaced Windoze Explorer with a program called Free Commander. These things seem to have helped performance, but I'm still not completely overjoyed with it, particularly in graphics rendering. With the video card that's in it I'd expect better performance when creating thumbnails. It ain't slug slow, but it's not fast, either.

That's probably enough whining.

Sent from my Dreadnought using that barely tolerable Thunderbird email program

On 5/4/2010 4:18 PM, Michael Wells wrote:
I'm still here, what's up, you getting lonely.

Zamboni

On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 4:12 PM, Larry Knight <carpixguy@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:carpixguy@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Hey I have not heard from anyone since April 29th, are you guys
    quiet or is Gmail screwed up like Yahoo was?
    Larr

--
Michael Wells
MCWells Photography