[ratpack] Re: Am I nutz??

  • From: John Christensen <johncgg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ratpack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 04:32:23 -0500

I haven't gotten my old Minolta out in many years. I have yet to find a
reason, because it is manual everything. Not to mention, I cannot afford the
developing. There is no way I could afford that. If you do it yourself,
that's one thing, but somehow, I don't think developing 600 pictures from a
wedding or cruise night just in one day would be very satisfying. Not when
you can look at them on the computer, and delete the trash. I have yet to
print about 20K pictures. That's just from the last 2 cameras. I am looking
at trying to digitize the family pictures that are from the 3 SLR's that I
wore out over the years. Just to get them on disk instead of the bookshelf
in albums and shoe boxes.

The way these new cameras can be used and digitally manipulated is amazing.
But I don't have the dark room experience. I don't see using the film again
for another few years. I'll keep the camera and the lenses though. Just in
case.

I missed my Blood pressure medicine yesterday morning..... It was a tough
day at work. I didn't know why, but that may have been it. Lying in a dark
room is good, if you ever get the chance.

JC