[raspi-internals] Re: Update: Scalar Instructions

  • From: Herman Hermitage <hermanhermitage@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "raspi-internals@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <raspi-internals@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2013 23:08:00 +1200

> > I also had the problem that the descriptions of the instructions was
> often not complete (like which instructions affect which flags) I'll
> see if I can dig out my notes on that from somewhere.
>
> Those notes would be nice; Are there any non-comparison instructions
> which effect the flags?

Yes would be good to get this nailed.  The docs have:
  cmp, cmn, btst, and fcmp as setting flags (ignoring separate vector flags).

Phire was asking the other day about fcmp, I assume NaNs raise V flag for
unordered comparisons.  I'm curious if there are some other SR bits for
rounding modes in fp.

Other ones are:
  enable, disable, cbclr, cbinc, cbchg, cbdec, rti, pop.

It may not be intuitively obvious but according to the docs the following do
NOT modify the cc's
  addcmpb<cc>, ror, lsl, lsr, asr

Be interesting what corrections we need to make.

Someone could double check against:
  https://github.com/mgottschlag/vctools/blob/master/vcdb/_instructions.yaml

Cheers