[raspi-internals] Re: QPU Tutorials/Samples

  • From: Herman Hermitage <hermanhermitage@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "raspi-internals@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <raspi-internals@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2014 20:05:00 +1200

> Coolness. Do we now get 0 diff when reassembling the shader_256.s code?

Yes.  I moved it to qpu-fft/shader_256_commented.s and reverted it back to the
/* */ style comments.

> Regarding separators - my emacs really don't like ";" inside an
> assembly opcode. Maybe using "|" or "$" to separate the subcommands
> will be better? In classical MASM, ";" is the mark for a comment.

I feel your pain!  The ";" along with the mnemonics came from a strings on an
ancient GPU blob, so I think its what they use internally...

I've added some test cases to qpu-asm-test-positives.c and
qpu-asm-test-negatives.c (evey line is meant to fail, run with
--ignore-errors).  It may be useful to populate these over time.

Now back to that vpm read sample...

/hh