[raspi-internals] Re: Hey, look, QPU docs

  • From: Shachar Raindel <shacharr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: raspi-internals <raspi-internals@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2014 20:22:04 +0200

On Sun, Mar 2, 2014 at 8:00 PM, Felipe Magno de Almeida <
felipe.m.almeida@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 1, 2014 at 10:59 PM, Herman Hermitage
> <hermanhermitage@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
> >> I'm all for providing help for a team effort if that is allowed under
> the rules.  Alas I'm not much of a linux/programmer guy and somewhat flat
> out on business things - so the main thing I can offer is
> >
> > ...half completed emails!
>
> I've laughed really hard! I can help too, but I'm not interested in
> the prize and my contribution is likely to be small.

I'm not much of a graphics developer myself, but I think that this mailing
list does host enough talent to get this bounty if we work on it together.
I have setup a github project -
https://github.com/shacharr/videocoreiv-qpu-driver containing the code from
broadcom as a starting point. Next step is probably getting it to compile
as a user space library, or fork mesa/something similar and plug this into
there.

Thanks,
--Shachar