[raspi-internals] Hey, look, QPU docs

  • From: David Given <dg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: raspi-internals@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2014 22:44:22 +0000

Guess what Broadcom's just released!

http://www.broadcom.com/docs/support/videocore/VideoCoreIV-AG100-R.pdf

It looks like the QPU and 3D hardware specs, including detailed
information on the QPU instruction set. It would seem the main CPU isn't
included in this, unfortunately.

However they've also released a big chunk of source code which seems to
include VC4 assembly:

http://www.broadcom.com/docs/support/videocore/Brcm_Android_ICS_Graphics_Stack.tar.gz

It all looks kinda familiar, which is good.

(Both links from the Broadcom support page:
  http://www.broadcom.com/support/)

Disclaimer: I have no idea how much of the above you can look at and
stay clean. I'm dirty so it's not relevant to me. But if you want to
stay clean, be aware.

│ "There does not now, nor will there ever, exist a programming
│ language in which it is the least bit hard to write bad programs." ---
│ Flon's Axiom