[raspi-internals] Re: 2op vs 3op ALU operations

  • From: Herman Hermitage <hermanhermitage@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "raspi-internals@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <raspi-internals@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 May 2013 06:17:57 +1200

> [...]
>
> Incidentally, after having crashed the VC4 on my Pi many times due to
> running bad code, I have discovered that this:
>
>       echo b > /proc/sysrq-trigger

Nice.  I have been using:
sudo reboot

> ...will allow me to reboot it remotely. (Do we know what OS the
> VideoCore runs, and whether it reports diagnostics somehow? I'm a bit
> surprised it's so fragile but I suppose it was never intended to be
> user-visible.)

ThreadX:

http://rtos.com/products/threadx/

http://www.amazon.com/Real-Time-Embedded-Multithreading-Using-ThreadX/dp/1856176010

Think 80s style shared memory preemptive kernel targeting low latency
applications.  Whilst it may also allow managing a process inside a MMU jailed
area, I would think generally its running MMUless tasks - like Amiga executive.

I think the header files are available for download.