[raknet] RakNet 2.47 released

  • From: Kevin Jenkins <rakkar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: RakNet Freelist <raknet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 00:20:35 -0800

RakNet 2.47 has been released.

* Released first iteration of ReplicaManager, which replaces DataReplicator, which I will no longer include or support in distributions.
* Added ReplicaManagerCS and ReplicaManagerP2P samples.
* Added missing *identifierFound=true in GetServerListRuleAsInt.
* Added OnCloseConnection to PluginInterface.
* Updated manual.
* The NetworkID generator system now supports peer to peer

The biggest change to the manual is this page, where I describe my programming architecture and list all the user files that you might want to use
http://www.rakkarsoft.com/raknet/manual/systemoverview.html

The biggest change in this version the new ReplicaManager system. Rather than go on about it here, you can look at ReplicaManager.h. I think I did a really good job of the architecture this time, so that it's easy to use while still powerful. There are two samples for this new system: ReplicaManagerCS and ReplicaManagerP2P . The first is easier and shows a client/server system where only the server is allowed to create objects and send updates. The second demonstrates peer to peer connections where each peer owns one object.