[raknet] RakNet 2.23 released

  • From: "Kevin Jenkins" <rakkar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <raknet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 00:26:24 -0700

RakNet 2.23 has been released.  This adds a ton of new security features
that basically make you immune to:

Packet tampering
3rd party packet decoding, including by statistical analysis
Replay attacks
Unauthorized connections

This is all done with one function, InitializeSecurity, which you must call
before you call Initialize, Start, or Connect.

I was able to do this with only a max of 16 extra bytes per transfer unit
(which may be many user packets) and a small amount of CPU usage.  So
there's not much reason not to use it except...

The public key generator code I am using basically sucks.  I will replace it
in a later version.  For now, key generation will be very slow.