[raknet] 2.32 released

  • From: Kevin Jenkins <rakkar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: RakNet Freelist <raknet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 09:21:56 -0800

2.32 is released.

For Windows, I replaced Sleep with WaitForSingleObject on a timer.  In
theory this should greatly improve both performance and consistency.
Please let me know if you find this to be the case.

For reasons I don't understand, it wouldn't compile CreateWaitableTimer
and SetWaitableTimer until I globally defined _WIN32_WINNT=0x0410 .  I
shouldn't have to do this because it should already be done from
windows.h - but it wasn't.  If anyone knows of a resolution to this
issue please let me know.  In the meantime, if you use the source
directly you will also need to define that in your project settings if
you want to use WaitForSingleObject.  Otherwise, it will revert to using
Sleep.  There is a #pragma message that indicates which you are using
when you build.  The pre-built lib and dll uses WaitForSingleObject.

Linux continues to use Sleep.  If anyone knows the Linux equivalent
please let me know (or better yet - the code).

This version also fixes a variety of problems with setting the password.

As a side note, I attempted to fix IO completion ports but due to
structural changes I wasn't able to get it to work within a reasonable
amount of effort.  In a future version I will re-evaulate the changes
needed to get it to work again as well as investigate if it offers any
performance benefit over the current optimized system.