[racktables-users] Re: virtualization support

  • From: "Jeroen Benda" <Jeroen.Benda@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 11:06:22 +0100

Hi David,

What we did was create object types VMCluster and ServerVM. We've also
added two port types VMi and VMNode. VMi links to a VMi and a VMNode
links to a VMNode. The VMCluster will now hold multiple ports of type
VMi and VMNode. VMNode are the physical nodes that service the cluster
and each physical server servicing the cluster will have a VMNode port
linking it to the cluster. The VMi nodes are the virtual machines that
are part of the cluster (and they are of type ServerVM). They will
generally speaking only have one port of type VMi which links them to
the cluster.

Hope that helps.

Jeroen