[racktables-users] Re: racktables error when trying to delete from attribute map.

  • From: Kristiaan Davies <kristiaan.davies@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 17:16:15 +0000

So I have gone into Dictionary and added a new item called ClimateMonitor, then i added two children to this item called climate monitor a and climate monitor b. then clicked Attributes and edit map I then selected attribute name to be HW Type then chose Applies to as BlackBox then ClimateMonitor from the list click the + button to add it.

Now to get the bug again, scroll down to HW Type in the Attribute Map and click the - sign, on the demo site as well as my site I get

Database error: foreign key violation

Thanks
Kris

On 14/11/2011 5:03 PM, Denis Ovsienko wrote:
14.11.2011, 19:40, "Kristiaan Davies" <kristiaan.davies@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
I am trying to add a new entry to the hardware categories so that i can select it for a specific bit of hardware, i added it to the dictionary as climatemonitor i added two sub entries to this for two different models we use at our office.

when i go-to the hardware to select these items there now shown in the dropdown list, so i thought i might have to add them to the attributemap before they would showup. i made a mistake adding them and now when i try to delete the item from the attribute map i get

Database error: foreign key violation

Any advice on what is going wrong or what i need to-do to resolve this??

i am using RackTables 0.19.10
Hello.

This message normally means, that some particular SQL row could not be deleted, because it is used by some other data (by means of an SQL foreign key). In your case this message may mean a bug, but I need to reproduce it myself to tell. Could you use demo.racktables.org to add necessary records and explain exact steps to reproduce the bug? Thanks.