[racktables-users] bulk operation to add VM to VM Cluster - "Select container"

  • From: Göran Törnqvist <Goran.Tornqvist@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2011 10:36:20 +0200

Hi,
I´m planning a racktables upgrade from 0.18.6 to 0.19.2.
In our test environment I´ve managed to change all our existing virtual servers
to the correct rackobjecttype "VM" and moved the corresponding AttributeMap
records from the old objtype_id to the new objtype_id for "VM". (Is this
sufficient?)

Step 2 would be to create our VM Cluster objects and step 3 would be to assign
our existing VMs (about 300 records) to the VM Cluster objects.
What´s the best way do this with a SQL INSERT/UPDATE? E.g the corresponding SQL
for the operation "Select container" on a VM - for all VMs.

Thanks for any suggestions ...

Regards
Goran