[racktables-users] Re: auth.php: undefined index

  • From: Ang Isang Tao <tao_maillists@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 04:45:37 -0800 (PST)

Hi Denis,

thanks alot for reply.

> Undefined index: user_id in
> D:\inetpub\wwwroot\rz\inc\auth.php on line 71
> >
> >  This error did not occur using racktables
> 0.17.7.
>
> You are right, I am filing this as a bug.

Glad to hear.

> Regarding the LDAP issue, I must note, that current LDAP
> code in RackTables is far from complete. It have been
> developed mainly to support LDAP database of my
> installation, which is a bit simpler, than the one, which
> you have described. How many user accounts need to be
> setup?

I have about 120 users in my IT-crowd. About 80 should be able to read only
from Racktables (serviceline, client management, software dev team, etc). 20
persons should be able to modify ojects (differentiated by server and network
components). 20 persons should be able to modify rackspace (and other objects).
And maybe 5 will have to work administratively on Racktables itself.
I did think about creating a new security group for this but like the subject
in another post here: why re-inventing the wheel? ;) We have many security
groups already fitting my needs so of course I'd like to use them.
The main problem seems to be that LDAP query can't start at the root of my
namespace. This would make it more simple in comlex AD structures.

Hope to hear from you.

Regards,
Mike

      Get your new Email address!
Grab the Email name you&#39;ve always wanted before someone else does!