[racktables-users] Warranty check with local.php

  • From: Killsystem <killsystem@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 10:27:09 +0000

Hi guys,

I wrote a local.php that creates a tab for most of the major server vendors
that allows to check the warranty information.
Thanks to Troy Rose (troyjrose@xxxxxxxxx) for the renderIframeTabForEntity
functions. I modified it a little bit to better serve my needs.

The local.php has a few requirements:
* IBM and some HP server
* You have to create a extra field with the name "Productnumber".
Without that HP cannot resolve warranty information for systems with a 10
char long sn.
IBM warranty check doesn't work without it.
* NetApp systems
* You will get a login screen for the now portal. There is no workaround
* I use the barcode field for the serial number. I you use another field
you have to change this var within the links. (I try to use the hardware sn
field in the future but until then...)

It also adds a tab for the HP System Management Homepage.

It works with
* HP storage
* HP server
* HP libraries
* IBM server
* IBM storage
* NetApp storage
* NetApp VTL

I hope it helps some of you folks. If some knows how to check other
hardware vendor please let me know.

gretz Killsystem