[racktables-users] Re: Noob assistance IP calculation assistance

  • From: James S <vahokie94@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2012 14:47:27 -0500

I am new to Rack Tables. I am using it to track VMs in a small test environment.
I would like to print reports of IP space usage etc. I saw that in late 2011
(Nov) someone posted about how to take the values from the database and use the
INET_NTOA/INET_ATON functions to convert the value to a 'normal' IP value.
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/miscellaneous-functions.html#function_inet-aton
Would someone be able to share an SQL query that provides a report of IP
addresses in use, or point to a FAQ that shows me how to do it?
Thanks,
James