[racktables-users] Re: New release - 0.19.2

  • From: Denis Ovsienko <infrastation@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 17:42:18 +0300

>  Also, the filesystem layout is different. Despite that base dirs have stayed
> where they were, now you can separate your local settings and add-ons from
> the core RackTables code keeping them untouched while upgrading to the next
> version and switching between them. You can have many virtual hosts (DB
> instances) using single Racktables code installation. Also, no static content
> is returned by the http server without proper authentication.

A couple of notes on the FS change. First of all, the traditional semantics of
a tar.gz release has been preserved. Anyone should be able to unpack the
tarball and get an application working like before. On the other hand, we have
committed a series of hopefully weighted, but very intrusive changes to
introduce these special options, which allow one to split directories and still
get RackTables working (which is very useful for the purposes of RPM/DEB
building, hence the Makefile in the topdir).

But one of the most important things we are currently trying to figure out is
if RackTables 0.19 is ready to be declared stable. Please test 0.19.2 and let
us know, if there are any show-stoppers, which have to be fixed.

--
 Denis Ovsienko