[racktables-users] I: RackTables and keepalived

  • From: Denis Ovsienko <pilot@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 15:26:38 +0300

Hello all.

There was a new version of RackTables (0.14.9) released today and I hope
it will fill one more gap in OpenSource ASP field, because it features
means for server load balancing management. This new feature isn't yet
completely integrated with existing ones, but it is only a matter
of few weeks. The approach is quite simple: administrator(s) create
and change SLB configurations with a web-interface, and the data is
stored in SQL tables. Once an up-to-date config file is required, it
is instantly generated for particular load balancer and optionally
passed to an external script for further processing.

On the other hand, current usability of the feature more complies with a
level of engineering preview. It works for me (tm) and I know it is
technically able to process data for others. No user's manual
whatsoever yet. That's why I'm inviting experienced keepalived users
for a preview and possible discussion.

A demo installation of RackTables 0.14.9 is available at
http://racktables.org/demo/

Thank you.

--
    DO4-UANIC