[racktables-users] Re: How to handle virtual machine's

  • From: Curtis Brown <curtisb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 09:30:12 -0700

On Tue, 2009 Feb 03, 09:27:42 (-0500), Jason Ledford wrote:
> I would say you are right.  I am only the administrator of this software, but
> my server admin mentioned the other day how much they really like this
> software.  We had no server room tracking before and ip tracking was done
> using a spreadsheet.  This is leaps and bounds better than what we were doing.
>
> So yes, very much appreciated.

I want to throw in my appreciation as well. This software helps us to wrap our
heads around what we have in our datacenter. Like many admins, we were in the
stone age using spreadsheets, flat text files, etc. With RackTables, we can map
out our racks, trace not only network connections but power connections too,
and track our IP spaces. This software is a time-saver and it looks
professional.

Thank you!

--
Curtis Brown, unix system administrator
Academic Computing and Networking Services