[racktables-users] Help with Object Import

  • From: Ernest Shaffer <ernest.shaffer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 15:18:42 -0700

I am going to migrate 400+ hosts from a home grown inventory database into
RackTables.

I figured why not ask for advice to make sure I am not re-inventing the
wheel.  Does anyone have an example script, or is there a way to use the
existing RackTables code to import from a flat file?  I can export the data
into a flat file with the needed fields. Then I'd like to import as much
information as possible, meaning static data, optional attributes and tags,
if at all possible.

Thanks
Ernie