[racktables-users] Following wire accros multiple connexions

  • From: Aubin Galinotti <noxin.racktables@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 15:56:33 +0200

Hello,

for my own usage here I have just written a php page that allow me to follow the links from a specific equipement or from all equipements of a rack.

if it can be of any use for someone, here it is.

Sorry it's written quickly, with almost no comments or event error checks from database requests, and I made some choices in the sql request that reflect how I use racktable here and may not be adapted for everyone. For instance I list only objects having an asset_tag.

To follow a wire accros many jumps, the ports have to be named xxB and xxF on a patch panel.(back and front)
For instance :
- a customer have a router in rack A, a wire from port eth0 correspond to meet-me room M patchpanel 2 port 4 - then the port 4 is patched on port 6 of the patch panel 1, which correpond to port 6 in rack B, then port 6 in rack B is patch to port 6 of one of my switchs

the whole path is :
   - A router-eth0 => M pp02-04B
   - M pp02-04F => M pp01-06F
   - M pp01-06B => B pp-6B