[racktables-users] Re: Feature Requests

  • From: Denis Ovsienko <pilot@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 13:41:41 +0400

> Two features that would be useful:
>
> AutoPorts should be able to start from 0 or 1. Most patch panels start
> at 1 rather than 0.  A  config variable and a few lines of conditionals
> should accomplish this. I might take a stab at this, not sure yet.

You are right about the indexing. AutoPorts is a hack with very little
design in it, so ideas (and even much more clean, working patches) are
welcome.

> It would be nice to be able to auto join ports.  Two patch panels that
> are connected to each other should have the ports between them joined
> together. Also, patch panels with multi-mode fiber should allow ports
> to be joined to show one connection.

Not a rocket science, but it requires more time for accurate
implementation, than I currently possess. I'd suggest to return to this
matter after I write down a spec for this.

--
    Denis Ovsienko