[racktables-users] Deleting objects doesn´t delete corresponding attributes

  • From: Göran Törnqvist <Goran.Tornqvist@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 11:24:07 +0100

(Racktables 0.18.6)
Hi,
We have found that we often receive the below error message when searching:

Missing record

Object 'object'#'1919' does not exist

When looking more at this we can see that it´s a deleted RackObject but there
are still records in AttributeValue tables that point to this object_id so when
a attribute matches the search and the object isnt found the error occurrs.
Using the option "Cleanup object" doesn´t help either.

Seems to me there´s a ON DELETE CASCADE option missing in the DB?

Thanks for any help.

Regards
Goran