[racktables-users] Re: Delete a local user

  • From: "Tyler J. Wagner" <tyler@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 13:57:19 +0100

As far as I can tell, it is not possible. We just change their passwords
and remove any tags (which we use to manage security permissions). Example:

allow {root}
allow {london admins} and {london}
allow {paris admins} and {paris}

This means any user with the root tag can do anything, any user with the
"london admins" tag can edit any object with the "london" tag, etc.

A user "disabled" in this way could login if she could guess her password,
but wouldn't even see the index page. Assuming the code is secure. So a
"disable user" feature would be better.

Deleting a user would present issues with logs and other changes that are
tied to a user.

Regards,
Tyler

--
"Copyright is a bargain, not property. We agreed not to copy because
they agreed it would only be for a short period of time. They have broken