[racktables-users] Re: DB structure

  • From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2013 12:03:57 -0600

On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 10:10 AM, Alexey Andriyanov <alan@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Also, there are some trivial operations which have no special ophandler
> function. Then the universal database wrapper called tableHandler takes
> place. It makes direct SQL queries, building them by $opspec_list array
> data.

I'm just having trouble seeing the value of a wrapper in an unfamiliar
language to get to the sql data if I still have to understand the
tables.  Why wouldn't I just do the same sql operations myself?   Do
you foresee the api being able to hide future schema changes
completely - or is there a lot of magic in php dictionaries that has
to happen on the way to the data?

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx