[racktables-users] Re: Customize RackTables

  • From: Denis Ovsienko <infrastation@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 21:56:42 +0300

10.03.2011, 21:27, "Charlie Garcia Jr." <charlieg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Denis,
>
> That helped; however, there are certain attributes that I can't remove do to
> an object having that valued filled in. How can I locate the object with the
> value filled in? Is this something I can do on the web app or is this
> something I'd have to do in the database (as far as locating the device)? If
> this is easier to locate via database, what query would I have to run?

These "attributes" structures are among the oldest parts of RackTables code,
and the SQL schema below it isn't really clean. That's the reason why I
disabled changing of object type in a recent release.

Once you can tell, which objects are blocking an attribute, you can unset
respective values. After that either FOREIGN KEY or an application constraint
(or both) will stop blocking the deletion of mapping or the attribute itself.
The tables involved are: Attribute, AttributeMap, AttributeValues and
RackObject. But remember, that it is your risk making direct updates to the
database.

--
    Denis Ovsienko