[racktables-users] Converting "Virtual" Server objects to VM objects

  • From: "Rundle, Paul" <paul.rundle@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 17:04:26 -0400

We are currently running 0.18.7 as our production and are testing migration to
0.19.4.

Similar to other people we have a large number of RackObjectType of "Virtual
Server" (which we created prior to VM support in Racktables) using Server as a
template. Using information in previous e-mails I used manual SQL to convert
them all to an objtype_id of 1504. This works but leaves me unable to
modify/remove the objects from existing "virtual" Racks.

Other than starting again and manually removing the Rackspace location of each
individual object prior to converting the object type; is there any easier way
and are there other things that I need to consider?

I'll point out that we have close to two hundred "Virtual Servers" and deleting
them and manually adding them back in is not an option I wish to consider.

Regards

Paul
Paul Rundle
Principal Network Engineer
Time Warner Cable - ATG West

This E-mail and any of its attachments may contain Time Warner Cable
proprietary information, which is privileged, confidential, or subject to
copyright belonging to Time Warner Cable. This E-mail is intended solely for
the intended recipient of this E-mail, you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution, copying, or action taken in relation to the
contents of and attachments to this E-mail is strictly prohibited and may be
unlawful. If you have received this E-mail in error, please notify the sender
immediately and permanently delete the original and any copy of this E-mail and
any printout.