[racktables-users] Re: Cable Chaining

  • From: Manon Goo <lists@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2011 12:08:54 +0200

Hi,

i have found an other bug in my code: It may run into the following problem:

Between two tables, do not define several ON UPDATE CASCADE clauses that act on the same column in the parent table or in the child table.
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/innodb-foreign-key-constraints.html

The change is:

- ADD CONSTRAINT `PortCompat-FK-type1` FOREIGN KEY ( `type1` ) REFERENCES `Dictionary` ( `dict_key`) ON DELETE CASCADE ON UPDATE CASCADE, - ADD CONSTRAINT `PortCompat-FK-type2` FOREIGN KEY ( `type2` ) REFERENCES `Dictionary` ( `dict_key`) ON DELETE CASCADE ON UPDATE CASCADE"; + ADD CONSTRAINT `PortCompat-FK-type1` FOREIGN KEY ( `type1` ) REFERENCES `Dictionary` ( `dict_key`) ON DELETE CASCADE, + ADD CONSTRAINT `PortCompat-FK-type2` FOREIGN KEY ( `type2` ) REFERENCES `Dictionary` ( `dict_key`) ON DELETE CASCADE";

New patch is attached.

Manon

--On 27. August 2011 12:51:19 +0200 Manon Goo <lists@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

I have taken Denis remarks accoding to DEFAULT_PORT_IIF_ID into account
and have removed the chanmges from my patch.

Here is an update, some typos fiexd as well,

Manon

--On 27. August 2011 01:50:32 +0200 Manon Goo <lists@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Aaron, Alexey, Jonathan, Denis

i have updated my port chaining patch, this patch allows you to trace
connections.  One could for  example trace a connnection between

Server1_eth0----Cable1----Port1_PatchPannel1_hardwired---hardwired_PatchP
annel2_Port1----Cable2----Gi0/1_Switch1

The pathch has been made aginsgt 0.19.7. To test the new features Create
two  Patchpennel with the ports types "RJ45 Female",
wire these Patchpannes using the backend connetcions and Hook Servers to
this.

Manon

--On 31. Juli 2011 22:36:03 +0400 Denis Ovsienko <infrastation@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

31.07.2011, 20:36, "Manon Goo" <lists@xxxxxxxx>:
Hi,

could you have a look at the cable chaining stuff i worte ? It is not
yet be cleaned up ... but is this going into a direction you see as
useful ?

No, not yet. This would be a very demanded feature, but I've got too
many current works to finish. Try engaging Aaron, Alexey or Jonathan
for a thorough review.

--
    Denis Ovsienko

Manon Goo
Dembach Goo Informatik GmbH & Co KG
Untersachsenhausen 33
D-50667 Köln
Tel: +49 221 801483 0
Mobil: +49 177 8091974
Fax: +49 221 801483 20
Email: manon@xxxxxxxx
Emergency: +49 180 555 4992

Amtsgericht Köln HRA 22794, UST ID: DE242 159 527
Geschäftsführer: Manon Goo, Andreas Dembach
Haftende Gesellschafterin: Dembach Goo Verwaltungs GmbH