[racktables-users] Re: Cable Chaining

  • From: Pawel Tyll <ptyll@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 03:45:52 +0100

Hi list,

I  installed  RackTables.  Why  didn't  I hear about it for so long is
beyond me, but my life will not be the same now that I did. :>

After fiddling around for a bit I stumbled upon a roadblock in regards
to ODFs and inability to easily chain ports in the way like:

Switch A
  \- SFP-1000
       \-  SFP-WDM-LC-1310
             \-   ODF-LocA-LC-P19
                    \-  (would be great to possibly put a coupler
                             in here to differentiate between cables)
                           \-   ODF-LocB-LC-P14
                                  \- SFP-WDM-LC-1550
                                       \- SFP-1000
                                            \- Switch B

Should  this  become  possible, it could also be (ab)used for wireless
links.  I  definitely hope this will be included in base sources, so I
hope Manon's solution is getting a serious look on :)

Thanks for this great piece of software!

Cheers,

Pawel.