[racktables-users] 0.17.0, what's next?

  • From: Denis Ovsienko <pilot@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 01:57:27 +0400

Hello, all.

It's been more, than half a year since last release with new features,
so I guess, it's worth to make a special announce. First is that the
"temporal" engine isn't featured in this release. Let's see what future
brings us.

Second, there is a lot of other changes, most of them have been put on
the ChangeLog. InnoDB, LDAP changes, files, many records in the
dictionary (and new dictionary editor), authentication tweaks and even
IIS bugfix --- it's already in, and most of it is likely to work on your
installations, because it's already tested. It was possible to put that
much work into it, because we tried to do that all together (me, Aaron
and Denis Y.).

As it used to be, the next (0.17.1) release is expected to feature
bugfixes only. The time is really scarce now, so let me keep from
promising any new features. However, all necessary project maintenance
should be performed as before. Also, the internals have sustained enough
to consider announcing some functions to be API functions, but let me
review this matter a bit later.

http://racktables.org/files/RackTables-0.17.0.tar.gz

Good luck!