RAC Re: OCR Reconfiguration?

  • From: "K Gopalakrishnan" <kaygopal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: racdba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 22:46:27 -0800

Sudhi,

I had re-installed the CRS. However I ran in to some other issue as
one of the servers had some M/C Service Guard footprint and CRS
Install (root.sh) was continuously failing saying  '9i GSD is running.
Shutdown that first and re run the root.sh'. Then I had disabled the
vendor clusterware check and completed the install.

The error was totally misleading. Just have a look at the second
script (in the root.sh) and see whether you can file a bug for better
error handling.

Sandesh.. Thanks for the pointers on tracing root.sh...

-Gopal

On 2/6/07, Sudheendra Vijayakumar <sudhi_yhoo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
At least from 10gR2 onwards, OCR is automatically backed up and if you do have
a corrupted OCR, you can replace it from the backup. More information available
at
http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/rac.102/b14197/votocr.htm#sthref245

--
Best Regards,