RAC Re: How to determine Resource mastering 9i2 RAC

  • From: "K Gopalakrishnan" <kaygopal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Amir.Hameed@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 22:14:26 -0700

Amir,

I am discusing the very same issue in my upcoming RAC book. Basically
to understand the master of the block, you need to  convert the
block/buffer name to a  to the resource name (combination of X$LE,
DLM_RES , GC_ELEMENT and X$KJBR).

BTW Dynamic Remastering not enabled by default in 9iR2 and it is not
totally functional. For that matter, even in 10gR1 it is not a true
dynamic remastering as it masters the files to the instance and not
the objects. Only 10gR2 has the object level dynamic remastering and
for testing purpose you can manually remaster the objects using the
oradebug lkdebug commands.

-Gopal

On 5/22/06, Hameed, Amir <Amir.Hameed@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Folks,
Is there a way to find out what instance has mastered a certain block in
9i2 RAC?

Thanks
Amir

--