RAC Re: Global Cache Null to X wait event..

  • From: "K Gopalakrishnan" <kaygopal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: racdba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 07:20:52 -0700

Jeff,

NULL-X is a wait during the new lock/block acquisition and there will
be numerous messages sent/received between the master and requestor
(and may be holder if your cluster is 3node and above). When you use
the public network for messaging traffic, you will not only exaggerate
the waits for NULL-X wait, but also the waits for ALL GC related work.

Do you care to share the  statspack/AWR?

-Gopal

--
Best Regards,
K Gopalakrishnan