RAC Re: CBC Latch

  • From: "Sudhi" <sudhi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <racdba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 09:13:51 -0500

Is there any optimization we can do given the fact that CBC is concentrated
at kcbgtcr ?

Thoughts about reverse-key indexes on the pk ? Caveats using multiple
blocksizes

From a DBA perspective, I'm not sure there is anything more that you can do
to reduce the waits at kcbgtcr. The very fact that CR is getting generated
tells loudly to reduce the LIOs at the app side. As said earlier the
benefits are more and also the app would be in a scalable state.

If your pk values are in a sequence, then reverse-key index is the way to go
in a OPS/RAC env.

Multiple blocksizes is a nightmare to manage in my opinion.

Thanks,

-Sudhi.