RAC OCR Corruption - Dirty Tricks ?

  • From: Harish Kalra <hkalra27@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: RacDBA <racdba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 02:18:23 +0000 (GMT)

Hi All,

I installed Oracle 10.2.0.3 RAC on 2 node Solaris
boxes. Everything went fine except listner on second
node was not starting. After analysis, I found that
OCR is corrupt because listener name registered in OCR
is different than of the actual.

Because I did not have backup of the OCR disk so the
option to restore from the backup is ruled out.
Second option to re-configure the Oracle CRS after
re-executing the root.sh script but we don't want to
do that becasue the whole testing has been completed.
so my quesiton now is:

Is there a trick (may be dirty trick) to repair the
existing OCR apart from reformating the OCR disk?

Thanks & Regards

      Now you can chat without downloading messenger. Go to
http://in.messenger.yahoo.com/webmessengerpromo.php