Re: OCRDUMP of backup ocr

  • From: Harish Kalra <hkalra27@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: racdba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 08:22:42 +0100 (BST)

Hi Ravi,

Please correct me if I couldn't understand your question:
To be on safer side, you want to take one more copy of existing OCR before
proceeding with any restore of OCR.

Though backup mechanism of OCR is inbuilt still you can take logical backup of
OCR using the following commands

ocrconfig -export     -- To take export backup
ocrconfig -import     -- To import

Thanks
-Harish Kalra
Oracle SSI

Ravi_Kulkarni@xxxxxxxx wrote:Friends,

Is it possible to take a dump of backup OCR that Oracle stores in
$ORA_CRS_HOME/cdata//backupxx.ocr without actually restoring
it using OCRDUMP ?

Context :
We have a case where some CRS resources have vanished (due to DG Broker
switchover attempt - a different issue) and want to make sure backup has
everything in place before resorting to an actual restore.

Thanks,
Ravi.