Database Service does not automatically start

  • From: "Dubovecky, Jeffrey P" <jpdubovecky@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'racdba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <racdba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2005 08:43:17 -0400

I'm trying to figure out an issue on why my database service in a 10g Linux
RAC environment does not automatically startup if I need to shutdown both
database servers and restart.  I have an instance called NGDAK and have a
service created called NGDARRC.   The NGDAK instance starts up on both nodes
without any issues, however I always have to manually startup the NGDARRC
service.  I have the service enabled and I am trying to figure out why this
happens.

Here are my questions, I'm trying to find out:

1.  Are there log files I can look at to see if the service is trying to
startup?
2.  Does the service entry need to be in the /etc/oratab, similar to the
instance entry?

Any other suggestions are welcome as well. Thanks in advance - JPD

Jeff Dubovecky
Consulting Engineer/DBA
Union Switch and Signal
Phone: (412) 688-2881