[pythran] Re: installation on openSuse -> segfault

  • From: serge guelton <sguelton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pythran@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 11:17:26 +0200

On Fri, Apr 24, 2015 at 10:56:59AM +0200, Marc Gailhanou wrote:

Hi Serge,
thanks for you answer

you need to

pip install pytest-pep8

that's only mentionned in the dev guide, and that got fixed in the git
but not in the rlease...

I have done that and still have the same error - because only the python 3
version was installed, and I use python 2.7. Okay I try to solve this by
myself.

That's definitively an error. If you're brave enough, you can issue a
pull request on github / send us a patch (so that you'll get the proper
attribution for the fix) or I'll do it.
I am not familiar with those tools and not very brave, I prefer to let you
do it ...

Concerning the segfault, I need some more info. If you run your code
under gdb or valgrind, you may get a stacktrace that will help us a lot
!

gdb --arg python -c 'import dprod; print dprod.dprod([1,2,3], [4,5,6])'

then hit `r'

for easier online debugging, join #pythran on freenode!

From gdb :

Starting program: /usr/bin/python -c import\ dprod\;\ print\
dprod.dprod\(\[1,2,3\],\ \[4,5,6\]\)
Got object file from memory but can't read symbols: Fichier tronqué.
Using host libthread_db library "/lib64/libthread_db.so.1".

list (other=..., this=0x7fffff7fef90) at
/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pythran/pythonic/types/list.hpp:182
182 list(list<T> const & other) : data(other.data),
shape(*this) {}

It's likely that this has been fixed in some patches *after* the
release. We plan to release a minor version soon, I'll tell you about
it.

Freenode : again I do not know anything about this but I will have a look

What you can do is go to https://webchat.freenode.net/ pick a nickname
and fill #pythran as channel.