[pythran] Re: installation on openSuse -> segfault

  • From: serge guelton <sguelton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pythran@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 10:17:22 +0200

Hi Mark,

On Fri, Apr 24, 2015 at 10:08:58AM +0200, Marc Gailhanou wrote:

Hi,
I have installed pythran on a Linux ( openSuse 13.2 distrib ) machine. In
addition to the dependencies indicated in the /doc/MANUAL.rst file I had to
install libtcmalloc ( libtcmalloc4 by the way ) , then I tried to run the
tests ( after installation of pytest ) and I had the following error:
"setup.py: error: unrecognized arguments: --pep8"

you need to

pip install pytest-pep8

that's only mentionned in the dev guide, and that got fixed in the git
but not in the rlease...

I gave up with the tests and tried to use pythran on basic examples. First
hello world cli_foo.py : this one worked. And then I tried the dprod.py
example which gave a segfault.

rather strange, but see below

Additional detail : when I installed libtcmalloc using the openSuse
installer there was no libtcmalloc_minimal.so file, only
libtcmalloc_minimal.so.4. First I created a symbolic link in my test
directory, and tried to use the -L flag with pythran but it did not work. It
looks like there is a small bug in the pythran script. Replacing the line :
ldflags = ['-f{0}'.format(n) for n in args.extra_Lflags]
by
ldflags = ['-L{0}'.format(n) for n in args.extra_Lflags]
pythran works ( but with the segfault at execution )

That's definitively an error. If you're brave enough, you can issue a
pull request on github / send us a patch (so that you'll get the proper
attribution for the fix) or I'll do it.

Concerning the segfault, I need some more info. If you run your code
under gdb or valgrind, you may get a stacktrace that will help us a lot
!

gdb --arg python -c 'import dprod; print dprod.dprod([1,2,3], [4,5,6])'

then hit `r'

for easier online debugging, join #pythran on freenode!

Any idea ?
Best regards
Marc

--
Marc Gailhanou <marc.gailhanou@xxxxxxxx>

Institut Matériaux Microélectronique Nanosciences de Provence ( IM2NP )
UMR 6242 CNRS,
Case 262, Aix Marseille Université ( AMU )
Faculté des Sciences et Techniques de St Jérôme
Av. de l'Escadrille Normandie-Niemen
13397 Marseille Cedex 20

tel 04 9128 8125
fax 04 9128 2793
S'il vous plaît, évitez de m'envoyer des fichiers attachés au
format Word ou PowerPoint, sauf si vous n'avez pas le choix.
Voir http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.fr.html