[pythran] Re: codespeed

  • From: Mehdi Amini <mehdi.amini@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pythran@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2014 22:10:12 -0700

On 4/20/14, 1:35 AM, Pierrick Brunet wrote:
Hi pythraner.

As I re-enable the bench functionnality, I am able to fill a codespeed database (available only on my computer. Sorry...).

Some bench are really interesting.

euler 14: we are only x2 faster than CPython
fibo_seq : we have almost no speed up
harris : only a x2 speed up
loopy_jacob : we have a really huge speed down (almost x50 compare to CPython)

There are some others case too but I will not points all cases.

Also, I save time for omp version.

It is really funny to see that nqueen is x2 slower with omp than without. Funny because it doesn't use it. It is certainly du to a memory alignement issue du to improted symbole from the ligomp library (This is the interpretation we had at work for this kind of issue).

I'd like to reproduce the memory alignment issue, how did you come to this conclusion? Do you have a minimal test case?

Mehdi