[pythran] Re: Pythran & rosetta code

  • From: Brunet Pierrick <pierrick.brunet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pythran@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 22:45:03 +0200

Le 10/04/2013 19:05, serge Guelton a écrit :
Hi Pythraners,

in order to get a more robust pythran, I have began to had all code
snippets from http://rosettacode.org/wiki/Python to the pythran test
bed, see pythran/tests/rosetta/*.py

All test case that are not dynamically typed and do not use classes or
not supported modules should be included in the test bed, using the
following conventions:

* the first line of the test is the url where it was retreived
* each test defines a test function with no args that returns some
   deterministic values

(see existing tests)

In case of a pythran error (but can it really happen?), you can add the
according bug fix, and do the pull request, or report it as a bug fix
using github bug tracker. IRC is fine too.

Likewise, some non supported functions may be needed, if it seems
relevant to add them, just do it, add unit testing in addition to the
rosetta test case and submit the patch!

To synchronize, post to this mlist the first letter of the test case
your are translating. I'll start with Z (there should be no race
condition, as there a re not that many devs here).

Have fun!

PS: pierick, you can focus on this before forward substitution

Ok, I am starting with P