[pythran] Re: Pythran Installation problems on OSX 10.8 (Anaconda 2.1)

  • From: Mehdi Amini <mehdi.amini@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pythran@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2014 21:49:34 -0700

Here is a stack trace straight from python setup.py:

$ python setup.py install  --prefix=../install/
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "setup.py", line 9, in <module>
    from pythran import __version__
  File "/pythran/__init__.py", line 36, in <module>
from pythran.toolchain import (generate_cxx, compile_cxxfile, compile_cxxcode,
  File "/pythran/toolchain.py", line 6, in <module>
    from pythran.backend import Cxx
  File "/pythran/backend.py", line 7, in <module>
from pythran.analyses import ArgumentEffects, BoundedExpressions, Dependencies
  File "/pythran/analyses/__init__.py", line 12, in <module>
    from aliases import Aliases, StrictAliases
  File "/pythran/analyses/aliases.py", line 8, in <module>
    from pythran.syntax import PythranSyntaxError
  File "/pythran/syntax.py", line 7, in <module>
    import pythran.tables as tables
  File "/pythran/tables.py", line 1155, in <module>
    save_arguments(module, elems)
  File "/pythran/tables.py", line 1143, in save_arguments
    themodule = __import__(module_name)
  File "/omp/__init__.py", line 55, in <module>
    sys.modules[__name__] = omp()
  File "/omp/__init__.py", line 41, in __init__
    raise EnvironmentError("I can't find a shared library for libgomp,"
EnvironmentError: I can't find a shared library for libgomp, you may need to install it or adjust the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable.

Mehdi

On 10/4/14, 6:04 PM, Pierrick Brunet wrote:
Hi,

I never had this error as I am using debian which have gcc with libgomp install by default. This error should happen only if the user try to import omp while he doesn't support it. Do you import it in all_pairs.py?
Medhi do you know where it comes from?

We should show full stacktrace (next PR?) for user debuging.

Best,
Pierrick

On 05/10/2014 02:25, Mehdi Amini wrote:
Hi Olivier,

You need to have gcc installed right now. (I think this is wrong and this limitation should be lifted, Pythran should work without OpenMP when unavailable).

If you use macport, gcc will be installed in /opt/local/lib

I launch it using:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/local/lib/gcc48/  pythran all_pairs.py

Best,

Mehdi

On 10/4/14, 12:42 PM, Olivier Borderies wrote:
I followed the indications for OSX on https://github.com/serge-sans-paille/pythran

But I get the following errors:

Satellite:Pythran Olivier$ pythran all_pairs.py
Couldn't import dot_parser, loading of dot files will not be possible.
WARNING: Disabling color, you really want to install colorlog.
CRITICAL: By Jove! Your environment does not seem to provide all what we need E: I can't find a shared library for libgomp, you may need to install it or adjust the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable.

I could not find clear indication of what is wrong with dot_parser, googling around. which libgomp shows nothing and I could not find libgomp with brew / brew cask.

My python in Anaconda 2.1

Pythran is not the easier to install and set up till now, but it seems to have a very interesting potential, so I insist, and would be grateful for some help.

Thx
Olivier