[pythran] Pythran 0.5 release -- codename PyData

  • From: serge Guelton <serge.guelton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pythran@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, numfocus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 May 2014 12:02:41 +0200

Hi all,

I am glad to announce the release of the 0.5 revision of Pythran, an
ahead-of-time compiler for numeric Python.

The PyPI version has been updated[0], as well as the personal debian
repo[1] and the documentation[2].

The lazy ones can read the Changelog below, and the inpatient will be
happy to know we plan to support global variables, better memory
management and user module imports in next version!

2014-05-17 Serge Guelton <serge.guelton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

        * Improved C++ compilation time (twice as fast)

        * Efficient extended slicing

        * Support most numpy dtype ([u]int8,..., [u]int64, float32, float64)

        * Support indexing array through boolean array

        * Add a nice Pythran logo :-)

        * Improve validation *a lot*

        * Reduce native module loading overhead

        * Forward substitution implementation

        * More numpy support and *many* bug fixes!

        * Remove array auto vectorization/parallelization

[0] https://pypi.python.org/pypi/pythran/
[1] http://serge.liyun.free.fr/serge/debian.html
[2] http://pythonhosted.org/pythran/