[pythran] Python 3 support?

  • From: Ian Ozsvald <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pythran <pythran@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2014 14:34:23 +0000

Hi all. I taught a 2 day High Performance Python course last week, I've
upgraded all my material to Python 3.4. I talked about pythran along with
giving demos of Numba, PyPy and focusing on Cython (these 3 all have Python
3+ support).

Do you have plans to support Python 3? Within 5 years Python 2.7 will be
dead (the sunset date is 2020) and I get the feeling that increasingly
people are shifting up to Python 3, then not looking back. I use Python 3.4
for all client work now - sklearn, numpy, nltk, pymongo, pymysql etc all
work fine using Anaconda.

Ian.

--
Ian Ozsvald (A.I. researcher)