[pythran] Re: Preparing PyDATA

  • From: serge Guelton <serge.guelton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pythran@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2014 00:36:26 +0200

On Sat, Apr 12, 2014 at 12:25:43AM +0200, Pierrick Brunet wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I admit that I don't understand. #251 doesn't exists :-(
>
> About import, I think it will not be fully ready in time (Medhi?) so
> ok for next release.
> But about globals, I fear it will never be in the master. It becomes
> more and more obsolete and coyotte doesn't look to have a lot of
> time for it. The more we wait, the harder it will be to integrate. I
Coyotte has taken into account our advices, and I need to take a deep
breath and carefully dive into the PR; I may not have time to do this
before PyDATA, but I'm confident we'll be able to do this. I don't want
to merge such a big PR in the current release, but I agree I have to
start working on it.

> think it should really be in this version.
>
> About test cases, are you thinking about perf? Or supported code?
> from stack-overflow? Or rosetta? Or both?

I've already collected (but not tested)

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13815719/creating-grid-with-numpy-performance
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6229080/performing-many-means-in-numpy
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/20799403/improving-performance-of-cronbach-alpha-code-python-numpy