[pythran] Preparing PyDATA

  • From: serge Guelton <serge.guelton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pythran@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2014 23:11:06 +0200

Hi Pythraners,

Mehdi is going to present Pythran at PyDATA the 2-4 may 2014. We have to
support him with all our strength, which basically mean releasing a
stable version of Pythran soon.

Concerning on-going PR, it means #241 could make its way in, but maybe
none of the others. It also mean I have to implement OpenMP
parallelisation of numpy operations before reviewing global variables. I
quite don't like the way #251 is implemented, but I miss the time for a
deep inspection, so I don't know about this one. #242 introduces a major
new feature, so I'd rather wait for this one to be fully tested on a lot
of test cases too.

So basically, my *proposal* is:

- before the release: #241 & # 251 & #OpenMP + more test cases on the
  numpy part (I strongly encourage pbrunet to extract test cases from
  stack overflow, and I'll do it too!)

- after the release: keep on having fun with Pythran!

any thought?