[pythran] Re: Installing Pythran on mac os x

  • From: serge Guelton <serge.guelton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Martine Enger <marenger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 14:10:54 +0200

On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 01:52:02PM +0200, Martine Enger wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I'm trying to install Pythran on mac os x 10.7. When I run "python
> setup.py build", I get the following error:
> running build
> nt2 not already configured, configuring it
> error: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
>
> Do you possibly know why this is happening or which file/directory
> that is missing? I got the impression that Pythran was available for
> mac os as well as Linux, is that not the case? Do I have to install
> Linux/Ubuntu to be able to use Pythran?
>
> Sincerely,
> Martine Enger

Hi,

Did you try to install from pip / easy_install ? It should make things
slightly easier.

The list of dependencies to install pythran from source, as stated in

    http://pythonhosted.org/pythran/

is the following:

    libboost-python-dev libgoogle-perftools-dev libgmp-dev libboost-dev
    git cmake
    python-ply python-networkx python-numpy

they might have a different  name on Mac OSX, but that's the idea. From
your error, my guess is that you're lacking git or cmake...

@mehdi: may be you could post the recipe you used to build pythran on
your macos? Update the doc accordingly?